Employment Opportunity: Librarian I
Kabale University is a Public University pursuant to Statutory Instruments 2015 No 36 of 16th July 2015 under The Universities and Other Tertiary Institutions Act 2001 (As Amended).
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and interested staff for the under mentioned post:
JOB TITLE: Librarian I
Salary Scale: M6.2TNSc
Responsible to: Senior Librarian
Responsible for: Librarian II, Library Support Staff
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To manage and maintain cataloguing and classification of library materials in an accessible form for end-users.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Catalogues and classifies library materials in accordance with set standards.
- Compiles bibliographies to enable end users access information easily.
- Checks the filing of catalogue cards.
- Carries out re-cataloguing and re-classification of reading materials.
- Processes Library materials for selection and acquisition.
- Supports the training of students using Library resources.
- Implements systems and procedures to facilitate easy use of library resources.
- Enforces policies, regulations and procedures governing the use of Library resources.
- Compiles data for update of the Library inventory.
- Supervises, mentors, counsels and appraises lower level Library staff.
- Should have a Masters degree in Library and Information Science from a recognized institution.
- Should have organizational and supervisory skills.
- Should have Knowledge of operation of library and information services in academic institutions of higher learning.
- Should have well developed communication and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Should be computer literate, have a good working knowledge of standard office documentation software and proficient in the use of relevant e-library applications and other information services technologies.
- Should have at least three (3) years of working experience in library services of a reputable institution.
Applications should reach the Human Resource Office not later than 5 pm Friday 22nd October 2021.
NB: Only staff working with Kabale University on a full-time basis are eligible to apply.
Arinaitwe Emmanuel H
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR HUMAN RESOURCE