Kabale University seeks applications for the position of Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Academic Affairs (Re-advertised).
NOTE: THOSE WHO APPLIED EARLIER NEED NOT APPLY AGAIN
||DEPUTY VICE-CHANCELLOR/ ACADEMIC AFFAIRS
||Tenure – 5 Year Contract
||Kabale University, Kikungiri Campus, Kabale Municipality
|Purpose of the job
To provide leadership and coordination of teaching, research and publications matters including policy and standards.
|KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
|In line with the relevant laws, the Deputy Vice-Chancellor Academic Affairs shall be the First Deputy Vice-Chancellor and shall:
- Assist the Vice-Chancellor in the performance of his or her functions and in that regard be responsible for the Academic Affairs of the University.
- In the absence of the Vice-Chancellor perform the functions of Vice-Chancellor.
- Initiate, obtain approval of and promote policies, plans and programs that enhance the academic and professional excellence of the University.
- Oversee the development, implementation and review of the policy framework for monitoring the quality, standards and management of the University’s academic programs.
- Establish systems for the planning, development and review of undergraduate, postgraduate, research programs and any other academic programs of the University.
- Oversee the selection and admission of students.
- Initiate and coordinate the development and review of curricula for academic programs offered at the University.
- Monitor compliance in setting and marking all examinations in accordance with the established regulations.
- Establish systems for students’ timely completion of academic programmes.
- Promote partnerships and networking for academic growth and development in the University.
- Perform such other functions that may be delegated to him or her by the Vice-Chancellor or assigned by the University Council.
- Comprehensive and sound academic policies, plans and programs developed and implemented.
- Framework for monitoring quality, standards and management of academic programs developed and implemented.
- Undergraduate, postgraduate, research programs and other academic programs of the University planned, developed, implemented, reviewed and continuously improved.
- Students admitted on merit and in accordance with existing regulations.
- Regulations for setting and marking examinations adhered to.
- Distinguished scholars recruited and retained and suitable External Examiners appointed.
- Research projects carried out successfully and publications made.
|Academic Qualifications, Experience, skills & Competencies:
- Should have a PhD from a recognized University/Institution
- Should have at least ten (10) years of proven experience in teaching, research, leadership and administration, five (5) of which should have been at least at the rank of Dean of Faculty or equivalent in a reputable institution.
- Be at least at the rank of Associate Professor at the time of application.
- Should demonstrate academic leadership through publication and research output.
- Have an understanding of the relevant legal framework for management of higher education in Uganda.
- Should have good leadership, communication, negotiation and people skills.
- Be aged at least 40 years at the time of application.
|MODE OF APPLICATION
|Electronic (email) OR hardcopy applications shall be accepted. Candidates should send:
1. Hardcopy: by courier, a sealed application pack containing six copies of the following:
- Signed application letter.
- Detailed up-to-date CV including working contact details.
- Certified copies of academic transcripts and certificates, national identity card or bio-data page of their passport.
- Names and contact details of three referees who should be advised to send confidential references directly to the Search Committee address below. The references should cover the following areas; the candidate’s academic credentials, experience, leadership, managerial and administrative skills and personal integrity.
- Envelope should be clearly marked “APPLICATION FOR THE POSITION OF DVC AA”.
2. Electronic applications should have all the above documents scanned and emailed with the subject clearly marked “APPLICATION FOR THE POSITION OF DVC AA”.
3. Applications SHOULD reach the addressee below by 5:00 p.m. on 18h November 2019.
Secretary to the Search Committee,
Kabale University, Kikungiri Campus,
Plot 364 Kikungiri Hill,
Inquiries can be made through the above email indicating subject as “INQUIRY” or by phone +256 772 485 496 during working hours.
4. Shortlisted applicants SHALL be contacted in person.
Kabale University is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Leave a Reply