Reopening for Finalist and Postgraduate Medical Students (Academic Year 2020/2021)Collins Mann
The government has allowed the reopening of Medical and Health Training Institutions starting with the Finalist and Postgraduate Students.
The reporting date is Friday, 13th August, 2021. In this regard, the following categories of students are expected to report to the University on the stated date.
- Master of Medicine (Paediatrics)
- Master of Medicine (Obstetrics and Gynaecology)
- Master of Public Health
- 5th Year Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
- 4th Year Bachelor of Nursing Science (Direct Entry)
- 3rd Year Bachelor of Nursing Science (Completion)
- 3rd Year Bachelor of Environmental Health Science
- Diploma in Health Services Management
The students are to report with the following:
- At least four (4) reusable (cloth) masks.
- Two (2) clinical coats and two (2) aprons,
- Four (4) 60mls bottles of alcohol-based hand sanitizers for personal use.
- Two (2) pairs of scrubs.
Please take note that the following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPS) put in place by the Ministry of Health shall be followed:
- Mandatory wearing of a face mask at all times.
- Social/physical distancing.
- Washing of hands regularly and/or sanitizing hands.